Please sign the petition to demand Rep. Ben Ray Luján immediately resign from Congress:
PETITION: Demand Ben Ray Luján Resign
This petition is now closed.
End date: May 01, 2020
Signatures collected: 1393
Signature goal: 51734
Signature goal: 51734
Dear Rep. Ben Ray Lujan,
As a citizen of the great state of New Mexico, I demand you resign from your position as U.S. Representative of the 3rd Congressional District for these reasons:
- Rather than focus on the people of New Mexico, you have worked with radical members of Congress, including Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) and Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) to attempt the impeachment of duly-elected President Trump.
- You support abortion up-to-birth, by rejecting any government regulation on abortion and partnering with abortion extremist groups, including Emily’s List, Planned Parenthood, and NARAL. You have also refused to sign the discharge petition to vote on the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act, which gives standard medical care for babies who have survived botched abortions.
- During your 10.5 years in Congress, not a single bill of the 46 you have sponsored has become law, according to Congress.gov, although you have lied, saying some have.
- You refuse to spend time with your constituents in New Mexico, not even showing up in New Mexico on election day, when you were on the ballot. It’s unclear if you even voted for yourself.
- You have endorsed the irresponsible, economically crippling Green New Deal, which would cost upwards of $93 trillion, including a cost of $600k per household.
- You deceive constituents by saying you reject corporate PAC money, while still taking thousands from special interest PACs, and refusing to give back previous corporate PAC donations.
- You support burdensome and unconstitutional gun legislation, which has earned you the endorsements of far-left anti-gun groups.
- You look to move to a higher office while neglecting the constituents who elected you in CD3 for over a decade.
For the above reasons, not to mention your multiple other offenses throughout the years, I demand you immediately resign from the U.S. House of Representatives.